ONTARIO LEGISLATION 398/16
Consolidation stage: From toward e-Laws money time.
Note: THE REGULATION JUST ISN'T YET IN FORCE. It comes into power at the time part 7 of Schedule 12 towards Jobs for These days and Tomorrow Act (Budget steps), 2016 has force.
This is basically the English form of a bilingual regulation.
1. Within legislation,
“excavator” means an automobile whose main function would be to excavate product; (“excavatrice”)
“low-speed street sweeper” indicates a road sweeper that's not effective at going at a speed more than 60 kilometres per hour; (“balayeuse de voirie à basse vitesse”)
“mobile equipment automobile” indicates here cars:
1. a mobile crane which is not built on a truck framework, not an off-road mobile crane.
2. An excavator which is not constructed on a vehicle chassis, although not an off-road excavator.
3. a road sweeper that is not built on a vehicle framework, but not a low-speed street sweeper; (“véhicule de matériel mobile”)
“off-road excavator” means an excavator that,
(a) is not with the capacity of traveling at a rate more than 60 kilometres each hour, and
(b) just isn't managed on a highway besides,
(i) for functions of crossing the highway, or
(ii) into the instant area regarding the construction web site where the excavator has been made use of; (“excavatrice tout-terrain”)
“off-road mobile crane” means a mobile crane that,
(ii) into the immediate vicinity associated with building site at which the crane is being made use of; (“grue cellular tout-terrain”)
“rock truck” indicates a car that meets here requirements:
1. The vehicle’s primary purpose will be go material at a construction web site.
2. The automobile is categorized as a “work vehicle” under the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada) and also the laws made under it.
3. The automobile just isn't run on a highway other than in instant area of construction site at which the stone truck has been utilized; (“camion à pierre”)
“street sweeper” implies an automobile whose main function will be clean or sweep roadways with an electric brush or broom or by means of machine also to shop collected dirt in a mounted storage container. (“balayeuse de voirie”)
For the true purpose of this is of “road-building device” in subsection 1 (1) associated with Act, the following classes of cars are recommended as road-building machines:
1. Pavement spreaders, pavers, profilers and finishing machines.
3. Rollers and compactors.
7. Tracked and wheeled tractors, other than vehicle tractors, while equipped with any of the following accessories:
ii. Augers or exercises.
iv. Spraying gear.
v. Snow blowers or snowfall plows.
vi. Buckets or shovels.
8. Rock vehicles.
9. Off road mobile cranes.
10. Off road excavators.
11. Low-speed road sweepers.
(2) Despite subsection (1), automobiles that are part of the next courses or that have any of the following functions or equipment are not road-building devices:
1. Mobile phone equipment automobiles.
2. Automobiles built on a vehicle framework.
3. Cars which is why a compliance label or manufacturer’s information label is given under the automobile Safety Regulations made underneath the car Safety Act (Canada) pinpointing the car as a vehicle, a multi-purpose passenger car or a partial vehicle.
4. Automobiles from a jurisdiction outside Canada, which is why a label is issued this is certainly comparable to a label explained in section 3.
Prohibition on lots
3. No individual shall drive or let the operation of a road-building machine on a highway if the road-building machine carries a lot, or draws a car that holds a lot, unless,
(a) the load is important to the road-building machine’s major highway building or upkeep function; and